Using a Cafetière
The easiest way to brew a coffee using one of our blends is to use a cafetière or "French Press" as it's sometimes known. Here is how to get started:
- Clean your cafetière. If there is still old coffee in the jug when brewing your coffee, it can make it taste very earthy.
- Boil your kettle and leave the water to cool for 1 minute. You should not use freshly boiled water, as this can burn the coffee and affect the taste.
- For a standard brew, the typical measurement is 1 tablespoon of coffee grounds per cup. If you're a caffeine addict and like your brew a little stronger, feel free to adjust this, we tend to add one more spoonful "for luck"!
- Half-fill the cafetière with the hot water, stir the mix so that all the grounds are wet, and then fill to the top.
- Add the lid, but make sure that the mesh stays close to the lid. The coffee needs to rest and brew before you make the plunge! Set a timer for 4 minutes, this should make the perfect brew.
- After your timer goes off, push down on the plunger slowly and firmly, you don't want to let any grounds escape.
- You now have a perfect cup of coffee! Simply pour this into a cup, add your favourite syrup and milk of your choice and enjoy.
Tip: The leftover grounds after brewing are great to use in a composting bin, or just spread over plants on their own.